B U L L E T I N
AIR CANADA TMOS EMPLOYEES
GROUP WALK AND IDEA EXCHANGE
In an effort to promote physical fitness, stimulate conversation, camaraderie, the exchange of ideas and to help put the “YOU” in Union, LL764 has planned the following group activity:
WHAT: A GROUP WALK WITH PICKET SIGNS AND PLACARDS
DATE: MONDAY, MARCH 19TH, 2012
MEETING POINT: NORTH SERVICE ROAD
ADJACENT TO THE SKYTRAIN STATION
AIR CANADA NORTH HANGAR
All affected LL764 members on days off or before or after their shift are urged to attend this coordinated group exercise walk and exchange ideas and opinions with your fellow union members. Some suggested topics of conversation might be:
1) The federal Minister of Labour’s unwarranted intervention in the IAMAW and Air Canada labour dispute and subversion of the collective bargaining process.
2) Her referral of the matter to the CIRB to suspend our right to strike and bargain fairly.
3) Her introduction of legislation to continue the suspension of our rights and impose a collective agreement without recourse of appeal.
4) Air Canada’s reliance on the federal government’s assistance to deny our rights to free collective bargaining to their ultimate advantage.
5) A general discussion of the high regard, esteem respect and generosity Air Canada has shown towards its employees over the last 10 years.
6) Executive compensation versus union wage rates as compared to the rate of inflation.
Christopher Hiscock, President
Canadian Airways Lodge 764