New classifications and significant improvement to contract language highlight a new collective agreement between the members of IAMAW Local Lodge 1857 and Burrard Acura.
“Any warning, reprimand or discipline the company wishes to place on an Employee’s file must now be provided to the employee in writing within seven days of the occurrence which it documented,” explained IAMAW District Lodge 250 Business Representative Andrew Tricker. “The other adjoining language improvement is the new ‘Sunset Clause’ which says such documents must be removed from an employee’s file after 24 months provided there has not been a further infraction.”
The new four-year agreement provides wage increases of 1.5 per cent in the first year retroactive to December 14, 2010, 2 per cent in the second year, 2.5 per cent in the third year and 3 per cent in the fourth year. Other agreement highlights include:
- New classifications of Service Receptionist and Service Administrator
- Boot Allowance increased to $125.00 per year
- Tool Allowance increased to $375.00 per year
- Clothing Allowance for Parts Personnel and Service Writers increased to $150.00 per year
- Company RRSP contributions increased by $ .10 per hour
The 20 members consist of automotive technicians, service writers, detailers, and lot staff and parts department personnel.
IAMAW Local Lodge 1857 represents workers at over 25 auto dealerships in the lower mainland of British Columbia.