Latest posts are under the News and Events tab.
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers has represented workers in British Columbia and the Territories since 1901.
We are a Strong, Proud and Democratic Union
with 700,000 members in North America.
Northwest District Lodge 250 was created in 1988 as a full service district, taking the burden of processing dues, employing Business Representatives, conducting bargaining and arbitrating grievances from the smaller Local Lodges.
Currently there are five Local Lodges in the District:
- LL456 was chartered in 1901 for members on Vancouver Island
- LL692 started in 1919 for members on the Mainland
- LL1857 was founded in 1944 for automotive workers in BC
- LL2711 got underway in 1982 for members at Moduline Industries in Penticton
- LL11 was created for workers at Avcorp in Delta
The IAM or Machinists represent skilled trades at workplaces such as machinists, fabricators, welders, autotechs, bodymen, painters, commercial transport mechanics, heavy duty mechanics and many more trades. We also represent related trades and skilled jobs such as partsmen and service writers as well as cleaners and labourers.
Though the focus of our Union has been skilled trades, we bring our experience and power to bear for any workers in BC or the Territories who need a Union. If you are interested in Union representation, please visit our sister site WorkerPower.ca for more information.